Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Liffey Valley Conservation

I attended a meeting in Blanchardstown Library chaired by Duncan Stewart on the preservation of the Liffey Valley. There was some very interesting points of view raised, most notable Catherine Bambury's theory on cross theo-termal bio forrestry multi plantation, currently used in southern Finland on a trail basis.

Personally, I was keen to stress Ireland's exposure to coastal erosion and subsidence. I know a fair bit about subsidence as my brother in laws house has pyrite. I also expressed my disgust at the presence of plastic cups at such an eco meeting. What ever about the soya bean eating tree hugging smelly eco heads, I expect way more from Duncan.

Did manage to shift about 25 bootlegged Al Gore films outside though. The few bob made it worthwhile.

A special thanks to Bobby for spending all day Saturday cutting me out an Ireland.

(Please turn your thermostat down 2 degrees)






No comments:

Post a Comment